When you are humble, people will see the light of God in you. You don’t apply fear to humility. When you are humble you don’t do things out of selfish ambition – Philippians 2:3.
Being humble does not mean as a Christian, you need to be weak. There are times you need to take actions.
Jesus was a man of gentle spirit and humility yet he was radical – Matthew 21:12.
Five attributes of healthy humility:
1. They acknowledge they do not have it altogether.
2. They know the difference between self confidence and pride.
3. They seek to add value to others.
4. They take responsibility for their actions.
5. They understand the shadow side of success.
Obey the Lord, be humble, and you will get riches, honor, and a long life.- Proverbs 22:4.
Six ways you can develop humility:
1. Spend time to listen to others.
2. Practice mindfulness and focus on the present.
3. Be grateful for what you have.
4. Ask for help when you need it -Matthew 7:7.
5. Seek feedback from others on a regular basis.
6. Review your actions against the language of pride. It was pride that changed angels into devils and it was humility that made men angels.
The Bible encourage us in 1 Peter 5:5 to submit ourselves and be clothed with humility for God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.
The first test of a truly great man is in his humility. Some people would rather die in their pride than live in their humility. A proud man is always looking down on things and on people. For as long as you look down on people, you can’t see anything that is above you.
Other scriptural references to read on humility are:
1 Peter 5:5-6, Colossians 3:12-14, James 4:6, proverbs 15:33, Ephesians 4:2, Proverbs 18:12, Micah 6:8 and Luke 14:11.
God encourages humility. Therefore, there are blessings attached to being humble.
I pray for you…
Any trace of pride in you be removed in Jesus name.
200You, Edem Moses, Elizabeth Matthew and 197 others45 Comments9 SharesLikeComment